Child Care Parent/Caretaker
Publicly Funded Child Care
Publicly funded child care is the care of infants, toddlers, preschool and school children under 13 years of age by an eligible licensed child care provider. Eligibility is based on monthly gross income & family size.
Requirements for publicly funded child care:
- The Parent/Caretaker must meet the income requirements:
- Initially, a Parent/Caretaker may be eligible for publicly funded child care if the family's gross monthly income is at or below 130% of the federal poverty level (FPL).
- On-going eligibility may be maintained if the family's gross monthly income is at or below 300% of the federal poverty level (FPL).
- The Parent/Caretaker(s) must be participating in one or more of the following approved activities:
- Paid employment on a full-time or part-time basis.
- A training or education activity that prepares the Parent/Caretaker for paid employment.
- Requirements set forth as a result of participation in Ohio works first (OWF) or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
Choosing a licensed child care provider:
To locate a licensed child care provider, please visit http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/providers.stm or contact (330) 420-6503 for a current list.
How to apply for publicly funded child care:
- Complete the JFS 01138 Rev. 02-2016 “Application for Child Care Benefits”
- Provide the following Verifications:
- Proof of income.
- Proof of any child support paid.
- Proof of citizenship for children in need of care.
- Proof of a qualifying activity for all caretakers in the household.
- The name & address of the licensed child care provider chosen.
- Submit the application & verifications to the county agency in the county where you reside.
ODJFS Child Care - To access additional resources for families
Ohio Electronic Child Care Parent/Caretaker Helpline
To activate, swipe card, report a lost card or to request a replacement card call
If you would like to apply for Child Care, download the form from the forms bin above JFS 01138 Rev. 02-2016 Child Care Application.