The Columbiana County Child Support Enforcement Agency offers a 12 month Seek Work Program for Non-Custodial Parties who are unemployed or under-employed. The Seek Work Coordinator works closely with the Non-Custodial Parties who have been ordered into the program by the courts.
Goals of the Seek Work Program:
- Assist participants in identifying and overcoming barriers that prevent them from becoming successfully employed.
- Assist participants in obtaining employment that will enable them to make regular Child Support payments.
Responsibilities and Requirements for Seek Work Participants:
- Attend all scheduled Seek Work appointments
- Contact the Seek Work Coordinator as instructed
- Complete and return the Job Search Logs as instructed
- Register for and participate in all employment search programs available through Ohio Means Jobs
Responsibilities of the Seek Work Coordinator:
- Provide clear and complete instructions and expectations to all Seek Work Participants
- Provide assistance to the Participants in registering with Ohio Means Jobs
- Provide resource material and referral information to participants to assist them in overcoming personal barriers to employment
- Provide and monitor all Seek Work Job Logs
- Provide clear and accurate participation information to the Courts prior to each participants' scheduled hearings