Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP)
Meetings for participating Employer Worksites and applications for the Youth Participants will start in April 2016. Please click on each one for Dates and Times.
The TANF Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) enables low income TANF-eligible Columbiana County youth to gain valuable work experience while earning a paycheck to help meet basic needs. Youth may work part time or up to 40 hours a week through this program. The SYEP offers the opportunity for youth to develop a work history and have a current reference from an employer.
The Summer Youth Employment Program will operated in Columbiana County from June 1, 2015-October 30, 2015.
- You must be a Resident of Columbiana County
- You must be Income Eligible: within 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (Click here for the SYEP Federal Poverty Guidelines )
- You must be 16 to 24 years of age
- A Youth in Foster Care may participate in the program
- 18-24 year olds must either reside in a home with a minor child
- Be a Non-Custodial Parent (not residing with his/her minor child(ren)
If you wish to apply to work under the SYEP, please visit the Youth information page.
If you are an employer and wish to register as a SYEP worksite, please visit the Worksite information page.